- Dr. Samuel Gavard Molliard
- Research and Development Department, Kylane Laboratoires S.A., Plan-les-Ouates 1228, Switzerland.
Special Issue Introduction
During the last 2 decades, the popularity of hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers for soft tissue augmentation has considerably increased across the globe. HA fillers are now recognized to be the gold standard to treat signs of facial ageing, i.e. to fill wrinkles and skin depressions, or to shape the volume of the face. In this context, many scientific and clinical studies have demonstrated the safety, the performance and the existing differences between the available HA fillers of the market.
The aim of this special issue is to inform physicians and experts about the new findings and trends in the HA fillers field in Plastic and Aesthetic surgery.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Basic research on the HA fillers’ properties, e.g. the assessment of their biophysical and rheological features,
- Study of the safety and performance of HA fillers for facial and body applications,
- Use of HA fillers for aesthetic applications but also for medical applications such as for the scar tissue correction or for the HIV-associated lipoatrophy treatment,
- New trends in the field of the HA for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery such as new clinical indications or new injections techniques with HA fillers.
KeywordsHA filler, face, body, safety and performance, aesthetic and medical applications, reconstructive surgery, new trends.
Submission Deadline31 Jan 2019